- ABV: 46%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- Cost: £59.95
- Origin: Undisclosed distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Egan’s Fortitude pays tribute to the legacy of co-founder Henry J. Egan. The single malt Irish whiskey was matured exclusively in Pedro Ximénez casks, and as such is rich in sherried flavours and aromas.
Tasting notes by Master of Malt
Nose: Sweet and strong sherry, honey and raisins with a hint of marzipan.
Palate: Swirls of smoke mixed with more sherry notes, chocolate and rich dried fruits.
Finish: A long, sweet finish that lingers.
What I say
Celebrating the release of Egan’s Irish Whiskey Legacy Reserve Vol II with a tour through 4 of their expressions. next we have Egan’s Fortitude,an irish single malt whiskey matured in ex-PX sherry casks.
This post was sponsored by Egan’s Irish Whiskey by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (11/20), quick, medium-large tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose: Red apples and sherried fruits, raisins, cherry lips sweeties, malty cereal barley, leathery, oak wood and nutty marzipan.
- Taste: Dried and red fruits lead on the palate, sherry with some spice, raisin, fig, plum, red apple, cinnamon, treacle/molasses, allspice, nutmeg, chocolate and tobacco leaf.
- Finish: Medium-long, sweet, dried fruits, sherry-soaked raisins.
Sherry heavy with plenty of PX influences; rich fruit and spice. I was unable to detect much underlying spirit character here however as I feel the sherry-maturation obscures that perhaps, still super-drinkable.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review