Armorik Sherry Cask (46%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 46%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Breton single malt whisky
- Cost: €49
- Origin: Distillerie Warenghem
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Armorik Sherry Cask, aged in oloroso sherry casks. Characterised by the notes of spice and candied fruit, enhancing the traditional fruitiness of Armorik. This whisky, very full, brings together the richness of the Breton and Spanish terroirs.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Intense, very fine and elegant, subtly influenced by the sherry. The delicacy of vanilla and citrus is revealed with a touch of mint and dried fruit.
- Mouth: Nicely balanced and well rounded, with notes of crème brûlée, plums and roasted almonds.
- Finish: Light vanilla aroma, warm from the sherry, spicy.
What I say
Distilled in Brittany at Distillerie Warenghem and subject to ex-Oloroso sherry cask maturation on the Breton Atlantic coast.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber orange gold (9/20), medium tears and strong, medium legs.
- Nose: Dried fruits and spices, raisin, orange peel, chocolate, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, malty, biscuity, Chocolate orange.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, warming, spiced gingerbread, cinnamon, chocolate, raisin, orange zest, malty, peppery, oak wood, chilli and black pepper chocolate, some sweet honey and golden syrup.
- Finish: Medium-long, drying, sweet with liqourice and allspice.
Full of dried fruits and chocolate flavours and aromas from the Oloroso sherry cask maturation, still a little sharp and too spiced when unreduced for my palate in places.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: World Whisky