Independent, boutique Scotch whisky distillery, The GlenAllachie has unveiled its first core range of aged single malts, which have been specially selected by Master Distiller and industry icon Billy Walker.
The release from the Speyside distillery all feature age statements ranging from 10-year-old cask strength, the flagship 12-year-old alongside 18 and 25-year-old bottlings.
This is the first core range release from the new company – Billy Walker acquired The GlenAllachie Distillery, with business partners Trisha Savage and Graham Stevenson, from Pernod Ricard in October 2017 in a multi-million-pound deal.
The GlenAllachie now has distribution in more than 28 countries including strategic markets – the USA, Germany, Taiwan, China and France. In the UK The GlenAllachie is available from specialist retailers.
All the bottles bear the words ‘From the valley of the rocks’, translating from the original Gaelic name “Gleann Aileachaidh.”
Each release is natural colour, non-chill-filtered and bottled at a minimum of 46% ABV:
The GlenAllachie 10 Years Old Cask Strength Batch 1 / 57.1%
- Colour: Deep gold.
- Nose: Big notes of heather honey and toffee, with rose hip and spices tip-toeing in.
- Taste: Honey, vanilla, toffee with a layer of rose hip, marmalade and Caribbean spices.
The GlenAllachie 12 Years Old / 46%
- Colour: Polished Bronze.
- Nose: Butterscotch and honey playing the lead with raisins and mocha in the background.
- Taste: Honey, marzipan and bananas, with lashings of butterscotch, raisins and a delicate hint of mocha.
The GlenAllachie 18 Years Old / 46%
- Colour: Burnished Bronze.
- Nose: Fresh vanilla, toffee, butterscotch and spices.
- Taste: Raisins, marzipan, heather and honey, with rich notes of dark cherries, spices and subtle hints of dark chocolate.
The GlenAllachie 25 Years Old / 48%
- Colour: Beaten Copper.
- Nose: Sweet spices, marmalade and sultanas balanced in total harmony.
- Taste: Lashings of sultanas, pineapples and dark chocolate, followed by layers of Christmas cake, marmalade and sweet spices.
Billy Walker GlenAllachie Managing Director and Master Distiller explained:
The first release of our GlenAllachie core range has been a culmination of months of hard work and a passion to turn GlenAllachie into a very popular and much sought after single malt whisky. It is an honour to be its custodian and to develop this range of single malts.
“The range of casks we have warehoused is tremendous with nearly 50,000 maturing at our distillery, some of which date back to the 1970’s. Our aim is to nurture this tremendous spirit and for these single malts to be admired both home and abroad.