News: New Whisky Releases 2016 Week 16
Another bumper crop this week so we will focus on the broader implications and forego most of the specifics.
- New official releases from Aultmore (18yo), Benromach (Sassicaia – selling fast), Glencadam (Origin 1825 – sadly a no-age declaration entry level)
- Mass of Moments bottlings from Mackmyra – always worth a punt, I haven’t yet been disappointed by Mackmyra’s output.
- Douglas Laing’s mass release from their Provenance (youngish – distillery character led), Old Particular (quality aged stock), Premier barrel (vintage decanter bottlings) and double-barrel offerings. My choices: Glenturret 27yo, Port Charlotte 10yo, Port Ellen! (investment?)
- Suntory’s Hakushu release (investment?) and Glenfarclas My tribute (Collectors bottling) plus our usual archive bottlings are more than likely worth collecting or investing in.
- The Savoy Hotel’s return to own bottlings with Macallan (investment?) – possibly the coolest looking bottle this week.
- That Boutique-Y whisky company yielding to transparency and placing age declarations on their bottles – though these seem to have come at a slightly inflated price bearing in mind these are 50cl bottlings! The Ben Nevis 19yo is priced right for me.
- A new range (of single grains) from Alistair Forfar (mixed responses previously but perhaps an indication quality is improving considering the stocking retailer?)
Whatever you choose this week – enjoy! Slainte, Barry @TheWhiskyphiles.
Gordon & MacPhail
That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
Categories: New Releases