News: New Whisky Releases 2016 Week 14
This week sees another small release, I suspect this is the calm before the storm of the May whisky festivals including Campbeltown Festival of Malt and Feis Ile 2016 on Islay which will see a glut of unobtainable bottlings being released no doubt as usual. This week Benromach carry on their Wood range with another batch of Sassicaia finish (our review of the fruity and accomplished 2006 vintage is here). The folks at Drinks by the dram are at it again cracking open lots of lovely antique bottlings for us all to try whisky as it was in the 70’s and 80’s or in the case of American whiskies prohibition era!! Kavalan have another Bourbon cask Solist release sure to be good. The talk of this weeks releases however must be the 35 year old blend from Murray McDavid at a rather affordable sub £80 – this will sell out yesterday! The Peatside however we sampled during the last #MurrayMcDavid tweet tasting and had many fooled as a Kildalton single malt again another one well worth it and a definite drinker at that price.
Drinks by the dram
– Haig’s Dimple Blended Scotch Whisky – 1970s
– Black & White Blended Scotch Whisky – 1950s
– Grant’s Best Procurable Blended Scotch Whisky – 1950s
– Bourbon De Luxe – Prohibition Era (1917-33)
– Old Douglas Illinois 4 Year Old Blended Rye Whiskey – distilled 1938, bottled 1942