The Whiskyphiles Picks; the Top 10 Whiskies of 2013
Despite only being 5 months in production, we here at The Whiskyphiles would like to thank everyone who has visited us so far in 2013. We hope you have found the blog informative and useful and you continue to visit us in 2014!
The following data have been compiled from our stats from conception to [approximately] year end 2013:
Our Top 10 Whisky Review articles as chosen by reader traffic:
Although the Blog is published entirely in English and we are based in Scotland, we have had visitors from over 40 different countries around the globe.
The Top 10 countries from which we have had visitors [percentage of total]:
1. United Kingdom [40%]
2. United States of America [25%]
3. Germany [4.5%]
4. Canada [4%]
5. Netherlands [3.6%]
6. Sweden [1.9%]
7. France [1.7%]
8. Belgium [1.5%]
9. Australia [1.4%]
10. Finland [1.3%]
And finally the Top 10 Whiskies [for around £40 or less] that we here at the Whiskyphiles would recommend as the best buys of 2013:
1. Mortlach 16 Years Old Flora and Fauna: A perennial classic soon to be extinct, grab one now if you can!
2. Springbank 15 Years Old : Sherried peated loveliness from Campbeltown.
3. Aberlour A’Bunadh Batch #45 : Cask strength sherried Aberlour at its best.
4. Aberlour 10 Years Old : The A’Bunadh’s diluted and older cousin still punches way above its [RRP] weight.
5. Old Pulteney 12 Years Old : Classic seaside highlander; salty smoky toffee in a glass.
6. Ledaig St. Joseph’s Wood, Gordon & MacPhail Private Collection : Peated and wine-finished, simply delicious.
7. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban : Port-finished super-smooth ‘Morangie at its best.
8. Penderyn Madeira : Surprisingly good Welsh whisky complimented beautifully by Madeira cask-finish.
9. Ardbeg Uigeadail : Ok so its in the £50 bracket but is still worth every penny!
10. Benromach Hermitage Wood Finish : Couldn’t resist another wine-finished whisky
And finally for the big-spenders, why not splash out on Old Pulteney 1990 Vintage, Bunnahabhain 23 Years Old The Rare Casks Release 2 or GlenDronach 1993 Single Cask #33 Abbey Whisky Exclusive all of which were simply excellent.